Development and Agency Relations Manager
The Development and Agency Relations Manager aids in community engagement & outreach by disseminating facts and information regarding the Experiment in Self-Reliance (ESR) activities and/or services to the general public and is known as the “Public Information Officer”. As the Agency Relations representative acts as one of the agency spokesperson while developing speaking points and any public information concepts that could further the vision and mission of the agency. This position seeks and maintains current foundations and public funding, along with staying abreast of public policy related topics that might impact current or future funding. The Agency Relations representative aids in creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Develop and execute Experiment in Self-Reliance’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Plan and implement events and fundraisers
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Manager of the Digital Marketing and Database Analyst Associate position
- Strong writing skills for grants, agency message points and speech writing skills
Reports to: Executive Director
- Plans and conducts public relations program designed to create and maintain favorable public image for the agency.
- Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of the agency’s service delivery, accomplishments, or point of view.
- Serves as an in-house staff member or as outside consultant.
- Assists in other special projects as determined by the Executive Director or Director of Agency Operations.
- Work with the Digital Marketing and Database Analyst Associate to use data to make informed marketing decisions, both through print and digital media
- Increase ESR’s awareness using paid, earned and owned media
- Strong public presentation skills and good verbal skills
Programmatic Marketing and Communication
- Arranges for public relations efforts in order to meet needs, objectives, and policies of individuals, special interest groups, business concerns, non-profit organization, or governmental agency.
- Prepares and distributes fact sheets, news releases, photographs, video tapes, brochures, and compose letters using the computer for media representatives and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing the agency’s activities.
- Promotes goodwill through such publicity efforts as speeches, displays, tours, recruiting student interns, volunteers and question/answer sessions.
- Purchases advertising space and time as required upon the approval from the Executive Director.
- Confers with production and support personnel to coordinate production of television advertisements and on-air promotions.
- Create marketing campaigns with other non-profits
- Represents employer during community projects and at public, social, and business gatherings.
- Serves as a team player and assist in furthering the mission of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, crawl, bend, stoop, climb, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, here. The employee frequently required to sit and talk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation that may be used in the performance of duties.
- Should possess a 4-year college degree, preferably in the field of Marketing, and with a minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in fundraising.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Canva, MailChimp, Editing, Public Speaking, Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.