ESR tax volunteer, Catherine
WINSTON-SALEM – Forsyth Free Tax, a program of Experiment in Self-Reliance (ESR), is providing free tax preparation beginning January 30. Forsyth Free Tax is a part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program in which qualified volunteers prepare taxes for free for people making $60,000 a year or less.
IRS-certified volunteers are able to prepare 1040EZ, 1040A, and many other 1040 returns.
Volunteers are educated on tax credits, help people receive every tax credit for which they qualify, and can prepare 1040EZ, 1040A, and many other 1040 returns.
Forsyth Free Tax offers free tax preparation for people who qualify at the following tax sites:
Experiment in Self-Reliance (ESR)
– Visit www.eisr.org or www.forsythfreetax.com for more information and to schedule an appointment
– You may also call 336-722-9400 ext. 4 to schedule an appointment
– Appointment times are Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 3 pm beginning January 30
– ESR is located at 3480 Dominion Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
The Robert Strickland Center at Forsyth Technical Community College (FTCC)
– Visit www.forsythtech.edu/freetaxprep for more information and to schedule an appointment
– You may also call 336-734-7656 to schedule an appointment
– Appointment times are Monday and Wednesday, 2 pm – 8 pm, and Tuesday & Thursday, 10 am – 3 pm beginning January 30
– The Robert Strickland Center is located at 2100 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Please bring the following to your appointment:
– Tax information (W2s, 1099s, receipts for childcare or education expenses, interest statements, and other tax documents).
– Form 1095-A if healthcare coverage is through healthcare.gov.
– Last year’s return, if possible.
– Photo Identification.
– Social Security Cards or ITIN for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents (We cannot accept SSNs not appearing on official documentation).
– Bank Routing Number and Account Number(s) for direct deposit.
– CP01A Notice – IP pin (Identity Protection pin)
ESR is a non-profit Community Action Agency. Its mission is to empower social and economic self-reliance for the working low-income and homeless. Programs serve the working low to moderate income population in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County, helping people locate safe and affordable housing, increase their education, attend financial education classes, have their taxes prepared at no cost and more.
Comments are closed here.