The Technical Support Associate will be responsible for computerized technology of the agency, subject to review and supervision by the Operations Director and Executive Director, while maintaining the server, hardware/software for the agency.
Reports to: Director of Agency Operations
- Manages the agency information system.
- Aids the Director of Agency Operations in the computerized compilations of program reports utilizing software AR4C monthly in accordance with NC ROMA principles.
- Aids the Director of Agency Operations and Program Managers in generating specialized programmatic reports utilizing the AR4C and CHIN for monthly and quarterly reports.
- Performs technological duties associated with the overall agency automation plan.
- Analyzes the agency technology needs and makes recommendations when replacement or upgrading is necessary.
- Able to retrieve computer data daily and create back up files for the agency’s database.
- Maintains computer hardware and software packages along with making recommendations when replacement or upgrading is necessary.
- Responsible for training staff in basic computer skill areas when needed.
- Provides computer-programming needs.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Organizational Program Leadership
- Assists in executing a web-based data storage system to capture data to be used to demonstrate program effectiveness to political and community leaders and funders.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Experiment in Self-Reliance and respect the integrity of the organization.
- Serves as a team player and assists in furthering the mission of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, crawl, bend, stoop, climb, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation that may be used in the performance of duties.
- Must have a minimum of an Associates degree in information technology or a 4-year college degree in a related field
- No history of bad debts or criminal convictions
- Two years of work experience in information systems, network maintenance, SBS (small business server), Server 2002/2003, VERITAS Backup Exec, and Microsoft programs, particularly Access