Executive Program Assistant – PART TIME
The Executive Program Assistant is responsible for all administrative office practices and procedures and equipment. The Executive Program Assistant should demonstrate the ability to learn and operate the agency computer systems. This individual will provide information and referral, programmatic data entry and backup for the reception/orientation process. Additionally, this role requires the ability to maintain confidentiality and to perform in a professional manner at all times. Has the ability to meet the public courteously and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and clients.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Performs specialized and complex clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
- Schedule appointments, give information to callers, take dictation and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business details.
- Types and prepares letters, forms, reports, minutes, tabulations and other materials from copy or rough draft.
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of the data collection system.
- Makes travel reservations for staff attending meetings/conferences out of town.
- Pick up in-coming mail at the local Post Office and distribute mail to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for processing monthly billings (accounts payable) to be submitted to the Finance Department.
- Receive all merchandise purchased by the agency and pick up supplies when necessary.
- Record minutes of all staff and board meetings to be transcribed into a typewritten copy.
- Maintains Human Resources files, post job vacancies internally and prepares advertisements for job vacancies with ESC and other employment agencies, prepares documents for drug testing screening, conducts orientation with new hires, and other human resources related duties as needed.
- Prepares group time and accumulated time for payroll purposes to be submitted to the Finance Department.
- Supervises other clerical staff as assigned.
- Performs other job related tasks as required by the Executive Director.
- Establishes and maintains the flow of all necessary records and reports conducive to NC ROMA principles.
- Monitors and maintains necessary records, documents and reports.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Experiment in Self-Reliance and respect the integrity of the organization.
- Serves as a team player and assists in furthering the mission of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, crawl, bend, stoop, climb, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, here. The employee frequently required to sit and talk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation that may be used in the performance of duties.
- Must possess at minimum a two-year Associate Degree or 4-year college degree.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs and other related computer operations.
- Should have at least three years’ experience in general office work environment.