Forsyth Free Tax VITA Site Coordinator (Temporary)
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site Coordinator will coordinate the free tax site, making sure that the site runs smoothly. The Site Coordinator solves any problems as professionally as possible keeping in mind that the clients are the top priority. The Site Coordinator assures that all services rendered to the clients are done in an atmosphere of respect.
Reports To: Forsyth Free Tax VITA Program Coordinator
Length of Appointment: Mid-January through mid-April
- Supervise opening and closing of the tax site and ensure all necessary materials and supplies are available and displayed where appropriate.
- Verify IRS-certification for all volunteer greeters, tax preparers and quality reviewers.
- Coordinate the work of tax preparers and other volunteers, ensuring that every detail is completed with the utmost accuracy and efficiency.
- E-file all tax returns at the end of the shift; check IRS acknowledgements for return status. Contact the tax client and correct any rejection soon as possible and resubmit the return.
- Deliver client documentation to the Program Manager once the returns have been accepted by the IRS and state taxing agency.
- Prepare taxes and perform quality review when necessary to accommodate.
- Available to answer and respond to tax questions from clients and tax preparers. If the preparer suspects fraud, the site coordinator will assist in asking questions that may draw out the correct information.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information at the site.
- Complete tasks necessary to maintain a safe working environment for volunteers and clients.
- Act as mediator if there is a disagreement, with the authority to act in the best interests of safety in all situations including calling law officials if necessary as a last resort.
- Observe the behavior of volunteers and manage any behavior that is not in the best interest of the program.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of all information and records.
- Creates a backup of the returns done on each computer, collecting the paper returns, and delivers them to the Program Coordinator as soon as possible the next morning.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, crawl, bend, stoop, climb, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, here. The employee frequently required to sit and talk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation that may be used in the performance of duties.
- Advanced level IRS tax law certification
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage volunteers and interact with VITA clients
- Well organized; capable of managing operations at a tax site
- Friendly, flexible, dependable