Forsyth Free Tax Program
The VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) site tax preparation volunteers are trained by IRS staff members and use IRS-approved software for return preparation. Trained volunteers prepare and electronically file your tax return at a variety of local VITA sites, so there is probably a site near you. If you are due a refund, you can usually expect to receive it within ten days of filing. VITA sites file most simple returns, however please check to make sure you qualify.
If you have any question about whether your tax return can be filed at a VITA site, please contact ESR’s Forsyth Free Tax Team – (336) 722-9400 x164.
To make an appointment to have your taxes prepared, please call 336-722-9400 ext. 172. If you prefer to prepare your taxes on your own at no cost, please visit www.getyourrefund.org/esr.
To have your taxes prepared, you will need to bring:
- Tax information (W2s, 1099s, receipts for childcare or education expenses, receipts for charitable
donations, interest statements).
- Last year’s return, if at all possible.
- Photo Identification.
- Social Security Cards for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents (We cannot accept SSNs not appearing on official documentation).
- Bank Routing Number and Account Number(s) for direct deposit.
- Please complete this document prior to arriving to your first appointment, if you are able.
Publication 3676-A: IRS document on VITA tax preparation in English and Spanish
2021 Tax Flyer